Butler County Outreach
Restoring hope to the homeless and others in need.
To be part of the solution to homelessness and poverty
in Butler County.
Who we are and how we help:
- We serve as the Central Intake-Coordinated Entry for those struggling with housing crises or homelessness in Butler County. We oversee the county’s waiting list for all housing programs.
- We provide case management services for those who are living in shelters, are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless.
- We manage 22 permanent supportive housing units in Butler County for chronically homeless individuals and families.
- We manage Safe Harbor, an interim shelter that can house 18+ individuals in short term housing.
- We offer numerous rental assistance programs that can prevent homelessness or re-house previously homeless individuals and families.
- We provide pregnancy and parenting services, including supportive counseling and tangible assistance via donated baby care items.
- We offer Dollar Energy assistance to avoid utility shut-offs and keep people in their homes.
Learn more about our programs and services here.
Current opportunities include:
- Pregnancy and Parenting Counselor – offer help and baby care items to expectant and new mothers.
- Life Skills Presenter – Share your knowledge of budgeting, cooking, housekeeping, etc.
- Front Desk Receptionist – Greet service recipients and answer phones.
- Homeless Outreach Assistant – Assist staff with apartment checks and help service recipients connect with community resources.
- Community Advisory Committee Member – Join a new committee that will raise community awareness of our services and create annual fundraising events.
- Skilled Labor - construction workers, electricians, plumbers.
Ways to Give
We at Catholic Charities' Butler County Outreach are so grateful for all the generous gifts from our community partners, which enable us to carry out our mission. To make a one-time online donation to our outreach, please follow this link, and select "Butler County" under "Designation." To join our new monthly giving campaign and become One of 1,000 Mission Makers, please see here.
Give gifts in-kind. We always need:
- Diapers (all sizes)
- Cleaning and laundry supplies
- Bus tickets and gas cards
- Gift cards for Friedman’s, McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut
- Non-perishable food – canned goods with pull tops, dry milk or boxed milk, cereals, snack bars, etc.
- Blankets, sheets, pillow cases (new or gently-used)
- Pots, pans, silverware, dishes
Watch Program Director Amber Crowe's interview on Comcast Newsmakers.
Call or stop in today:
120 W. New Castle Street
Butler, PA 16001