For Prospective Parents
Opening your heart and home to a child can be one of the most rewarding and fulfilling things you'll ever do. Catholic Charities helps place infants, children and youth, including those with special needs. We also handle international adoptions.
Catholic Charities has an excellent reputation in the region for confidential and professional service to prospective parents. We help adoptive families through the process with support services, parental counseling and training.
Every adoptive family is screened by an experienced licensed social worker to be sure a child is placed in a safe environment. The adoptive family must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Allegheny, Beaver, Butler, Greene, Lawrence or Washington County
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Have a physical examination and a recommendation from your physician and be in good mental health
- Have a stable home environment
- Be single or married for at least two years
- Provide us with the names of references who have known you for a period of five years or more—the references cannot be relatives
- Submit clearances from the State Police, Childline and the FBI
Once the adoption is final, Catholic Charities staff will continue to provide support for new families as needed.
If you have any questions or if you wish to schedule a time to meet with someone in our Adoption Program,
please call 412-325-6754
or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Birth Parents
If you are pregnant, we can help you make the best choice for you and your baby. We recognize that this is a difficult and scary time in your life. While your pregnancy may have been unplanned, your baby's future can be planned.
Call us to schedule a confidential appointment at 412-325-6754.
Read more about how we can help you and your baby.